Physiotherapist MCSP Mem No 40329 HPC No 29103
Associate partner and clinical lead Physiotherapist at the PTR clinic in Harley Street.
I was co-founder, with Giles Webster, of the clinic in 1991. We specialise in the treatment of spinal and muscular-skeletal pathology. The practice has close links with colleagues including surgeons, sports injuries physicians and GPs. We receive referrals from and also refer to these associate consultants. We also receive a large number of self referrals. We work closely with the local imaging centres providing X-Ray, MRI and Sonography. I assess and treat patients initially. If appropriate, we have a fully equipped gymnasium where patients can continue their rehabilitation on a one to one basis with an exercise physiologist. Also available for our patients is expertise in acupuncture, massage, pilates and podiatry.
Post qualification experience
1989-91 I worked for St Martins private hospital group in the outpatient department, treating spinal and soft tissue symptoms. I also ran their Isokinetic unit.
1986-88 I worked in Chicago, Illinois. This included working for an orthopaedic surgeon in his practice and running a sports injuries unit at McNeill Memorial Hospital in Berwyn, Illinois. During my time in the USA I was fortunate to work closely with both a chiropractor and an osteopath.
1982-86 I worked various posts within the NHS covering many specialities. This experience has been of great value in private practise. It gives me the confidence to recognise pathology which is not related to the neuromuscular and skeletal systems. Many serious pathologies have been identified in clinic here that had previously not been diagnosed.
- Manual Seminars International, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- American College of Sports Medicine (former member)
- Senior Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine, Mem No 00711997
Post graduate training and CPD practice
- Post Grad Dip in Osteopathy
- Post Grad Dip in short lever manipulation (modified chiropractic)
- Myo-facial release
- Trigger point techniques
- Cranial mobilisation
- Isokinetic evaluation and training
- Combined movements
- Spinal manipulation including short lever techniques
- Core stability and coordinated muscle dynamics
- Pathology of muscle, tendon and ligament in normal state and injury
- Muscle physiology in exercise and injury
- MRI and Sonography Imaging
- Dry needling
Individually, I am registered with all major medical insurers except PPP.
As a consequence of my role with the PTR clinic over the past 22 years I have extensive experience in practice management. This would include marketing, finance, legal and professional issues and the day to day running and management of a practice.
I also have business experience from other sources outside the clinic to include such areas as Sole trading, limited liability partnerships, limited companies and property.
- Physio to Southall football club season 1985-86 - this involved acute and first aid care and on field evaluation
- Rookie baseball players research programme, Chicago, 1987 - primary evaluation and preparation of young pitchers
- Consultant to UAE National football squad pre world cup 1990
- Consultant to West Ham FC with Physiotherapist John Green, 1990-91 involving biomechanical imbalances and Isokinetic training
- Consultant to Lancashire County Cricket Club with Manager Alan Ormrod, 1991 - primary role of evaluation and correction of bowling mechanics.
- Consultant to IPC magazines in house treatment facility 1996-99.
- Contract management and clinical practitioner for Holland Park GP practice, 73 Holland Pk, London W11. This was an NHS fund holding contract we serviced from 1993-99
- Visiting Consultant Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 2005 at the invitation of Dr Wasim, Rheumatologist.
Planning, organisation and teaching of courses in Osteopathy and Chiropractic in association with colleagues qualified and licensed in the relevent disciplines.
Expansion of the clinical base at 96 Harley St.
Engineering of our website with responsibility for clinical content and design.